- Can anyone enter?
- Do I need to qualify to enter?
- How do I enter?
- How much will entry be?
- Do you offer event insurance?
- Can you help me get a visa?
- Will there be an official jersey?
- Can I cancel my entry?
- Can I transfer my entry?
- My husband/wife/daughter/son wants to volunteer. How do I get a guaranteed place?
- You gave me a guaranteed place because my husband/wife/daugther/son is volunteering, and now they cannot come after all. Can I still ride?
- I've entered! Do I need to register?
- I cannot register on Saturday because it is the Sabbath.
- The Start
- Where and when does London Edinburgh London start?
- How can I choose my start time?
- Can I start at the same time as my friends?
- How do I get to the start?
- Is there any camping at the start?
- Along the route
- How long do I have to ride the route?
- If I finish and I am out of time, what happens?
- Will you collect me if I retire during the event?
- Can I bring a support vehicle?
- Will people be able to check my progress online?
- Is everything really included?
- What facilities are there at each control?
- I have a food allergy. Can you help?
- What are bag drops?
- Are there any rules for what I put into the bag drops?
- Can I nominate two bags to the same control?
- Can I access the same bag northbound and southbound?
- What if I return to London before my bags?
- Can I charge my phone at controls?
- Will there be wifi at controls?
- What happens if I arrive late at a control?
- It's not fair! People who started earlier than me can arrive hours out of time and still find the controls open!
- Do I have to wear my brevet card at controls?
- I don't have an entry. Can I ride anyway?
There are likely to be modest changes to our rules around insurance, and also around support vehicles. We will update these as soon as possible.
Information at a glance
London Edinburgh London starts on Sunday 7 August 2022
You do not have to qualify to enter London Edinburgh London
Entry opens on 7 January 2022
Entry will be by ballot, unless you qualify for a guaranteed place
Entry will cost £360
The official route sheet will be published March 2022
Start times will be from 05:00 until 15:00
We cannot guarantee your choice of start time, but you will be able to start with your friends
You will need to register at the start on Saturday 6 August 2022
The route is just over 1500km long, and you must keep to the route at all times
You will have 125 hours to ride the route. If you start at 05:00, you will only have 100 hours to ride the route
Almost. You will need to be aged 18 or over on 7 August 2022 to enter. We cannot accept entries from anyone who will be younger than this. There are no exceptions to this rule.Back to top
No. You do not need to qualify for London Edinburgh London, but you will enjoy your ride much more if you prepare well.Back to top
You can only enter London Edinburgh London using this website.
Entry for guaranteed entry holders opens 7 January 2022
If you belong to any of the following groups, you will be able to enter and pay immediately. We guarantee your place:
- London Edinburgh London 2017 and Windsor Chester Windsor 2019 volunteers
- Audax UK or Audax Ireland members who were members on 12 September 2018, and remain members on 1 January 2022
- Anyone who has completed a LRM validated event in four of the five calendar years 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021.
- Anyone who brings a spouse or immediate family relative aged 16 or over (parent, child, sibling) to volunteer, both at London and another control, for at least three full days
For all other riders, entry is by ballot. You will be able to enter between 7-21 January 2022. We will then invite randomly selected riders to enter, until we have taken 1750 entries. Successful applicants will have 14 days to pay for their entry.
You can sign up to our mailing list to be notified when entries are open.Back to top
The entry fee will be £360.
You will be able to pay by Transferwise or bank transfer only. Regrettably we cannot accept Paypal for your entry fee.
We will also have a euro bank account in place to allow payments to this account if you wish to take this option. We will tell you the euro equivalent price when you enter.Back to top
Riders will be responsible for taking out their own individual insurance to cover their participation in London Edinburgh London. With the current situation worldwide, it has not been possible for us to arrange a comprehensive policy to offer to you for purchase.
Audax UK's insurance policy only provides riders with limited third party liability cover for incidents where a third party has been injured, or their property damaged. The policy is subject to an excess payable by the rider incurring the liability. The policy covers legal liability in the event of negligence only and does not cover deliberate acts. The Audax Uk cover commences when riders start the event and ceases from the point when the event closes, or from the point the rider signs off on completing the ride or otherwise abandons or cuts short the ride.
Audax UK's policy does not cover riding to and from the event, cancellation, theft, or any other risks.
Employee Liability and Public & Products Liability cover is also provided for event staff and volunteers.Back to top
If you need a letter of support for a visa application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
IMPORTANT we do not offer a refund if you are unable to gain a visa to enter the United Kingdom. Please make sure you are you certain to obtain a visa before 31 March 2021, the final closing date for refunds.Back to top
Yes. You will be able to buy an official jersey when you enter, as well as gilets, arm warmers and other souvenirs.Back to top
If you are unable to ride, you can cancel your entry by writing to email@example.com. We will charge a fee of £50 to cancel your entry.
The deadline for us to receive your request to cancel your entry is 23:59 UTC on 31 March 2022. After this date there will be no refunds. There will be no exceptions to this rule.Back to top
NoBack to top
That's great news! Here's how it works:
- Ask them to register as a volunteer here.
- In the additional information box at the bottom of the form, ask them to include your name and email address.
- We'll be in touch to confirm that we have added you to the guaranteed entry list. You can then enter the event from 7 January 2022.
The person volunteering must be an immediate family member, such as a parent or guardian, wife/husband/civil partner, or daughter or son. The person volunteering must commit for at least one shift of work at Loughton at registration and the start, and for at least two days at other controls.
We will ask you both to register at registration on 6 August 2022.Back to top
You gave me a guaranteed place because my husband/wife/daugther/son is volunteering, and now they cannot come after all. Can I still ride?
No, I'm afraid not. We will cancel your place if they are unable to volunteer. In order for you to ride, you must both register at registration on 6 August 2022.Back to top
Yes. You will need to register on Saturday 6 August 2022, between 0900 and 1700.
When you register you will need to bring some photographic identification, such as a driving licence or passport.Back to top
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist.Back to top
London Edinburgh London starts on 7 August 2022.
We will start riders in small groups between 06:00 and 13:00.
There will be a small group of fast riders departing at 05:00. Riders in this group will have 100 hours to complete the route.Back to top
In April 2022 we will invite all confirmed riders to select a start time. We will then allocate start times by ballot. We cannot guarantee your start time, and you cannot change your allocated start time.Back to top
Yes you can. Here's how:
- Decide on a team name for you and your friends. We will only use this name to identify people who want to start together.
- When you enter, we will ask you if you have a team name to use.
- When we allocate start times, we will make sure that people in the same team start at the same time.
The start point for London Edinburgh London 2022 will be Davenant Foundation School, Chester Road, Loughton IG10 2LD. The nearest underground station is Debden, approximately 1km away.
Is there any parking at the start
Yes. Parking costs £30 and you can purchase this in the rider area of the website when it opens in 2022. There will also be limited parking available on the day, which will cost £40.Back to top
Yes. There is a large campsite, Debden House, near the start.
You can book this campsite at http://www.debdenhouse.com/campsite-epping-forest.htmlBack to top
You will have 125 hours to ride the route.
Riders departing at 05:00 will have 100 hours to ride the route.Back to top
Only riders who finish in fewer than 125 hours (or 100 hours in the fast group) will appear on the official list. However every rider that completes the route by non-motorised vehicle will receive a finishers' medal.Back to top
No. London Edinburgh London is a self-supported ride and you are responsible for your own health and safety. Although we will have moto crews patrolling the most remote sections of the route, they will not be able to carry riders. We will have limited capacity to recover riders stranded in remote locations, but ultimately you will be responsible for getting yourself back to London or to the nearest control.
At controls, we can help you with basic bike repairs, basic first aid, getting medical treatment or transport back to London.
Make sure that you have a plan in case things go wrong. This could include:
- Riding with friends.
- Taking out breakdown cover. Check your motor breakdown service - you may already be covered.
- Carrying details of friends or family who can collect you.
Be aware that in parts of Scotland and northern England, it may not be possible to get any mobile phone reception. We will patrol these sections carefully, and we will always help stranded riders who are unable to call for help.
*Call emergency services on 999 or 112 if you are in immediate danger.*Back to top
Personal support vehicles can be a hazard to riders. They can be a hazard when parked on narrow roads, and when driving along the route. Before you decide to use a personal support vehicle, please consider taking advantage of the facilities we are offering and ride London Edinburgh London unsupported.
All support vehicles and supporters must register with us, and their drivers must tell us the riders they are supporting. A support vehicle and supporter can support more than one rider.
Registration costs £100 per vehicle and up to two supporters, and includes:
- Dedicated, free parking at the following controls.
- St Ives, Spalding, Louth, Hessle, Malton, Barnard Castle, Brampton, Moffat and Dunfermline.
- Use of the toilets and showers in these controls.
- Catering at controls
These facilities will only be available at the controls listed above. They will NOT be available at:
- Great Easton
- Any secret control
At these controls, support vehicles and supporters will not be permitted.
Only registered supporters vehicles and their supporters will be allowed into controls, or to use control car parks.
All registered support vehicles and their supporters will receive a badge that identifies them as registered support. Supporters must wear their badge at all times when in controls, and must display their support vehicle's badge in the vehicle's front window.
Many of the roads used for London Edinburgh London are narrow. A support vehicle parked on the route could be a hazard to riders. To prevent this, registered support vehicles must not drive or park anywhere on the route, except to collect a rider who has failed to finish. Any support vehicle that is seen parked along the route, will result in all their supported riders being disqualified.
In addition, any rider who is seen receiving support from an unregistered vehicle parked on the route will be disqualified.
Nearer the event, we will post a recommended route for support vehicles that are travelling from control to control, which avoids the official route for riders,Back to top
Yes! During the event, we will track riders live on this website. Whenever a rider checks into a control, we will publish that time immediately. And if they remember to check out, we will publish that time too.
Almost everything. All food and drink at controls is included in the entry fee, as are showers and dormitories. We'll also supply free towels, blankets and earplugs. Any bike repairs that our volunteers carry out for you are also free, but you will have to pay for spare parts.
Some controls may also be selling some extra items, such as soda, toothpaste or energy gels. We will make it clear when something is for sale and when something is free.Back to top
Most controls will offer the same facilities:
- A choice of hot food, including vegetarian and vegan options
- Hot and cold drinks
- Showers and towels
- Dormitory beds and blankets
- Bike repair
- Limited basic first aid equipment
Controls at Alston, Innerleithen, Eskdalemuir and Great Easton will have no showers available. There will be limited catering at Alston and Great Easton.Back to top
We will do our best to provide gluten-free food at controls, but we cannot guarantee this will be available.
We will also do our best to notify you of allergens in the food that we serve, but we cannot and will not guarantee at any time that any food we serve is free of any allergen. Any food we supply, that you choose to eat, is at your own risk. You must accept this as a condition when you enter the event.
If you suffer from a serious food allergy, we strongly recommend you do not enter London Edinburgh London.Back to top
Our bag drops allow you to send clean clothes and other supplies to a control point. When you have finished with the bag, we will return it to London. Here is how it works:
- Before the event, nominate two controls for us to send your bag drops to. You can send bags to: Louth, Hessle, Malton, Barnard Castle, Brampton, Moffat, Edinburgh
- At registration, bring the equipment you want to put into your bag drops. We will give you empty bags to use.
- Fill the bags with your equipment and hand it back to reception.
- Your bags will be waiting for you at the controls, and at Loughton at the finish.
Yes there are. The maximum weight for each bag is 2.5kg. Please do not put any liquids, grease or containers of grease, glass or unpackaged sharp tools into the bags. Please put batteries into a container.Back to top
Yes!Back to top
Yes!Back to top
No problem. We can post the bag back to you. You can purchase this service from the rider area of our website.Back to top
Possibly, but don't count on it.Back to top
Probably not, no.Back to top
If you are late at a control, but you think you can still finish in time, then please make every effort to continue.
Once the official time for the control to close has passed, it is up to the discretion of the controller for how long they stay at the control. If you arrive at a control later than the official closing time, and the control is closed, then please find alternative proof, such as a receipt from an ATM machine.Back to top
It's not fair! People who started earlier than me can arrive hours out of time and still find the controls open!
Life is unfair sometimes, and this is one of those occasions.Back to top
Yes, you must carry some ID and your brevet card with you at all times at controls. At controls, you must show volunteers and organisers yours brevet card if asked.Back to top
We will only allow riders, registered supporters and volunteers into controls. If you do not have a brevet card or supporters' pass, we will not allow you into controls.
We will report to the police any unregistered rider or other person who uses our controls without our permission, and we will seek their prosecution through the courts.Back to top