Terms and Conditions
What you are agreeing to
By entering London Edinburgh London 2025 you agree to the following terms and conditions.
- You cannot transfer your entry to London Edinburgh London to another person.
- You can cancel your entry to London Edinburgh London anytime before 31 March 2025. We will refund any payment you have made, minus a £75 administration charge.
- If you pay a deposit to secure a place on London Edinburgh London, you must pay the balance owing by 31 December 2024. If you do not do this, you will lose your place. We will refund any payment you have made, minus a £75 administration charge.
- If the event is full and you are on our waiting list of people, and we offer you a place, you must accept the place and pay in full by bank transfer within seven days. If you do not make the payment in time, you will lose your place.
- We will provide riders with third party (liability) insurance cover only throughout the event for claims in excess of £500.
- All riders must in addition provide their own insurance for the event, either personally or through membership of their national association.
Audax UK regulations
- The event is run under Audax UK regulations. You should familiarise yourself with Audax UK regulations, guidance, and advice available in AUK publications and at www.audax.uk
- The event is not a race or trial of speed. You are expected to follow the rules of the road and show consideration to other road users.
- The route is on open public roads. You should prepare by studying the route, which is available at londonedinburghlondon.com.
- The route is not waymarked or marshalled. You are responsible for your safety and conduct.
- Some parts of the route and conditions may be arduous. The organiser provides no rescue service.
- We will ask you to sign a written declaration agreeing to these terms and conditions, when you register on 2-3 August 2025.
On the road
- You must obey all relevant United Kingdom highway laws and regulations when riding. It is your responsibility to understand these laws and regulations.
- The route we provide is mandatory. You must visit the control points in the right order, using the route that we supply to you.
- If you stray from the route, you must return to the route at the point at which you left it, before continuing your ride.
- You may not receive any support from anyone on the route, except from other riders or London Edinburgh London volunteers or if you are being collected after abandoning the ride.
- You may receive any necessary support, except transportation, at any point while not on the route.
- Riders’ support vehicles are forbidden from driving along the route or entering control premises, including grounds and car parks around the control premises. The exception to this is the start and finish point.
- If a London Edinburgh London volunteer sees a rider receiving support on the route, they reserve the right to disqualify the rider at any point.
- In the event of high winds, the Humber bridge may be closed. We will let you know if the bridge is closed at Louth and Hessle controls, on our website and on our Facebook group page. We will provide an alternative route to use if the bridge is closed.
- You are responsible for your own transport home or back to the start point.
- Although we will do our best to collect any rider who is stranded, we do not guarantee to do so.
- Although we will provide bike mechanics where possible, we do not guarantee this service. You are responsible for your own repairs.
- You must pay for any supplies we provide to repair your bike, such as inner tubes and tyres. We will not validate your ride until you pay in full for any supplies we provide.
- You must wear your rider identity bracelet at all times during the event.
- Only riders, event staff, volunteers and accredited journalists are allowed in control points.
- Support vehicles are banned from all controls, including car parks and control premises.
- We will do our best to guarantee everyone a bed at a control for as long as they want. However during periods of high demand, we may have to limit the time you can use a bed.
- Almost all food and drink that we supply at controls is included in the price of your entry. This includes a snack for the road. Controls may offer soft drinks and other goods for sale.
- We do not guarantee that any food or drink we supply is free of any allergen. We do not accept any liability for any loss, damage or illness caused by any allergic reaction caused by you consuming any food or beverage that we supply.
- We do not accept any liability for any loss or damage to you, your bicycle or equipment while using our controls. This includes items contained in bag drops that you leave with us.
- Any lost property, including bag drops, not claimed within seven days, will be disposed of.