What you are agreeing to
By entering London Edinburgh London 2017 you agree to the following terms and conditions.
- Entries close 31 May 2017 or when we have 1500 entries. When we have 1500 entries we will begin a waiting list.
- Your entry to London Edinburgh London is not transferable except via the waiting list transfer process managed by London Edinburgh London 2017.
- All entry fees are non-refundable. If the event is full and we have a waiting list, we will sell unwanted places in the order we receive them, for a £50 administration fee.
- If you pay a deposit to secure a place on London Edinburgh London, you must pay the balance owing by 19 January 2017. If you do not do this, you will lose your place.
- If you pay a deposit to secure a place on London Edinburgh London, and you lose your place because you have not paid the balance, we will try and sell your place to a rider on our waiting list of people looking to take ride. If we are successful, we will refund your deposit minus a £50 administration fee. If we are not successful, we will not refund your deposit.
- If the event is full and you are on our waiting list of people, and we offer you a place, you must accept the place and pay in full by bank transfer within seven days. If you do not make the payment in time, you will lose your place.
- We will provide members normally resident in the UK with 3rd party insurance cover throughout the event for claims in excess of £500.
- Overseas residents must arrange their own third party insurance.
- When you register on 29 or 30 July 2017, we will ask you to sign a written declaration that you have at least £1 million of third party insurance cover. If this level of cover is not available where you live, please contact us.
Audax UK regulations
- The event is run under Audax UK regulations. You should familiarise yourself with Audax UK regulations, guidance, and advice available in AUK publications and at www.aukweb.net.
- The event is not a race or trial of speed. You are expected to follow the rules of the road and show consideration to other road users.
- The route is on open public roads. You should prepare by studying the route, which is available at londonedinburghlondon.com.
- The route is not waymarked or marshalled. You are responsible for your safety and conduct.
- Some parts of the route and conditions may be arduous. The organiser provides no rescue service.
- We will ask you to sign a written declaration agreeing to these terms and conditions, when you register on 29 July 2017.
On the road
- You must obey all relevant United Kingdom highway laws and regulations when riding. It is your responsibility to know these laws and regulations.
- The route we provide is optional. You are free to use any route you choose as long as you visit the control points in the right order.
- You may not receive any support from anyone on the route, except from other riders or London Edinburgh London volunteers or if you are being collected after abandoning the ride.
- You may receive any necessary support, except transportation, at any point not on the route.
- Riders’ support vehicles are forbidden from driving along the route, except to collect an abandoned rider. We will provide registered supporters with an alternative route between controls.
- If a London Edinburgh London volunteer sees a rider receiving support on the route, they reserve the right to disqualify the rider at any point.
- In the event of high winds, the Humber Bridge may be closed. We will let you know if the bridge is closed at Louth and Pocklington controls, on our website and on Twitter @LEL2017. We will provide an alternative route to use if the bridge is closed. It is up to you to decide which route to take between Louth and Pocklington.
- If you abandon you are responsible for your own transport home or back to London.
- Although we will do our best to collect any rider who is stranded, we do not guarantee to do so.
- Although we will provide bike mechanics where possible, we do not guarantee this service. You are responsible for your own repairs.
- You must pay for any supplies we provide to repair your bike, such as inner tubes and tyres. We will not validate your ride until you pay in full for any supplies we provide.
- Only riders and registered supporters are allowed entry into controls. Only riders and registered support vehicles are allowed to park into controls.
- We will do our best to guarantee everyone a bed at a control for as long as they want. However during periods of high demand, we may have to limit the time you can use a bed.
- Almost all food and drink that we supply at controls is included in the price of your entry. This will include a snack for the road. We may offer soft drinks for sale.
- We do not accept any liability for any loss or damage to you, your bicycle or equipment while using our controls. This includes items contained in bag drops that you leave with us.
- Any lost property, including bag drops, not claimed within seven days, will be disposed of.