What you are agreeing to
By entering London Edinburgh London 2017 you agree to the following terms and conditions.
- Entries close 31 May 2017 or when we have 1500 entries. When we have 1500 entries we will begin a waiting list.
- Your entry to London Edinburgh London is not transferable except via the waiting list transfer process managed by London Edinburgh London 2017.
- All entry fees are non-refundable. If the event is full and we have a waiting list, we will sell unwanted places in the order we receive them, for a £50 administration fee.
- If you pay a deposit to secure a place on London Edinburgh London, you must pay the balance owing by 19 January 2017. If you do not do this, you will lose your place.
- If you pay a deposit to secure a place on London Edinburgh London, and you lose your place because you have not paid the balance, we will try and sell your place to a rider on our waiting list of people looking to take ride. If we are successful, we will refund your deposit minus a £50 administration fee. If we are not successful, we will not refund your deposit.
- If the event is full and you are on our waiting list of people, and we offer you a place, you must accept the place and pay in full by bank transfer within seven days. If you do not make the payment in time, you will lose your place.
- We will provide members normally resident in the UK with 3rd party insurance cover throughout the event for claims in excess of £500.
- Overseas residents must arrange their own third party insurance.
- When you register on 29 or 30 July 2017, we will ask you to sign a written declaration that you have at least £1 million of third party insurance cover. If this level of cover is not available where you live, please contact us.
Audax UK regulations
- The event is run under Audax UK regulations. You should familiarise yourself with Audax UK regulations, guidance, and advice available in AUK publications and at www.aukweb.net.
- The event is not a race or trial of speed. You are expected to follow the rules of the road and show consideration to other road users.
- The route is on open public roads. You should prepare by studying the route, which is available at londonedinburghlondon.com.
- The route is not waymarked or marshalled. You are responsible for your safety and conduct.
- Some parts of the route and conditions may be arduous. The organiser provides no rescue service.
- We will ask you to sign a written declaration agreeing to these terms and conditions, when you register on 29 July 2017.
On the road
- You must obey all relevant United Kingdom highway laws and regulations when riding. It is your responsibility to know these laws and regulations.
- The route we provide is optional. You are free to use any route you choose as long as you visit the control points in the right order.
- You may not receive any support from anyone on the route, except from other riders or London Edinburgh London volunteers or if you are being collected after abandoning the ride.
- You may receive any necessary support, except transportation, at any point not on the route.
- Riders’ support vehicles are forbidden from driving along the route, except to collect an abandoned rider. We will provide registered supporters with an alternative route between controls.
- If a London Edinburgh London volunteer sees a rider receiving support on the route, they reserve the right to disqualify the rider at any point.
- In the event of high winds, the Humber Bridge may be closed. We will let you know if the bridge is closed at Louth and Pocklington controls, on our website and on Twitter @LEL2017. We will provide an alternative route to use if the bridge is closed. It is up to you to decide which route to take between Louth and Pocklington.
- If you abandon you are responsible for your own transport home or back to London.
- Although we will do our best to collect any rider who is stranded, we do not guarantee to do so.
- Although we will provide bike mechanics where possible, we do not guarantee this service. You are responsible for your own repairs.
- You must pay for any supplies we provide to repair your bike, such as inner tubes and tyres. We will not validate your ride until you pay in full for any supplies we provide.
- Only riders and registered supporters are allowed entry into controls. Only riders and registered support vehicles are allowed to park into controls.
- We will do our best to guarantee everyone a bed at a control for as long as they want. However during periods of high demand, we may have to limit the time you can use a bed.
- Almost all food and drink that we supply at controls is included in the price of your entry. This will include a snack for the road. We may offer soft drinks for sale.
- We do not accept any liability for any loss or damage to you, your bicycle or equipment while using our controls. This includes items contained in bag drops that you leave with us.
- Any lost property, including bag drops, not claimed within seven days, will be disposed of.
Purchase of LEL Merchandise
The steps required to create a contract between you and London Edinburgh London are:
- You do not need to have an account with PayPal. You can complete payment via PayPal guest checkout and using a payment card.
- If you do not complete the payment process on PayPal then you will not have entered into a contract with us, or indicated an intention to do so. In this situation the order will show as pending payment (if you just closed the browser window) or cancelled (if you cancelled within PayPal) within the My Orders section of your Rider (or Volunteer) Area. If an order is showing as pending payment and you think you completed payment on PayPal. You should get in touch with us, quoting the order number, and we will take steps to resolve with you.
- We will send to you an order acknowledgement email once your order has been received. This will detail the products you have ordered. The acknowledgement will also include an order number that should be quoted in any correspondence with us about that order. The order, including order number, will also appear with a status of processing under the My Orders section within your rider or volunteer area
- This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from London Edinburgh London.
We may not be able to accept your order due to one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from the supplier(s) for reasons beyond our control.
- The inability to obtain or confirm authorization for your payment.
- The identification of a pricing, merchandise description or image error.
- You have ordered merchandise that only eligible riders taking part in the event may purchase.
- You have ordered merchandise that only eligible volunteers taking part in the event may purchase.
- You have ordered merchandise that is password protected, and have obtained the password or gained access through a third party or means other than directly from ourselves.
- You are not eligible to order due to our Terms & Conditions.
If we do not accept your order, then you will be informed at the earliest opportunity. Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place by the end of May 2017 at the latest; but may be at an earlier date. Please see details on your rights to cancel an order, and defective merchandise.
Delivery of LEL Merchandise
- Merchandise ordered through this website (https://londonedinburghlondon.com) will be made available to collect during rider registration on Sat 29th July 2017. Registration will be held at the start address of the event, which is Davenant School, Loughton, Essex, United Kingdom. See the controls page for full address details.
- We may dispatch merchandise (in advance of the event) to your address, provided it is in the United Kingdom.
- In the event we dispatch merchandise to your address, then you will be notified of such action in advance.
- If you are a volunteer, then your merchandise may additionally be delivered to the control you are working at during the event.
- In the event that you fail to turn up for registration or collect your merchandise. Then you will be responsible for contacting us about arranging delivery of that merchandise. There may be additional costs to cover delivery, for which you will be responsible. These costs will need to be paid in advance of dispatch to your address.
- If you are unable to collect merchandise at registration due to illness or other family matters then we will listen with a sympathetic ear.
Rights to Cancel
- Due to the bespoke and customized nature of the LEL Merchandise, which is specific to the 2017 event, and only available to riders and volunteers taking part; we will not be able to accept cancelled orders.
- In placing an order with us, you accept this and waive any rights to cancel.
- In the event that we are unable to accept your order, or we cancel your order, then we will refund you the cost of the merchandise you ordered, as detailed in your order. If we were unable to accept your order due to inability to confirm or obtain authorisation of payment, then no refund will be given.
- LEL merchandise collected at registration should be inspected for any faults or errors (incorrect size for instance) and any problems notified to us immediately.
- The supplier will be present at registration and able to assist if you find your merchandise is faulty or there has been an error. Take advantage of this.
- Note that you will need to present identification such as a driving license or passport in order that you may complete registration and collect the merchandise you ordered.
- For merchandise dispatched to your address, you should notify us about any defects, faults or errors (in sizing for instance) by email or in writing at the earlier opportunity and not later than 14 days after delivery.
- We will not accept claims for faulty goods if we have not been notified within 14 days.
- Once we have acknowledged your report of faulty goods or goods sent in error, then the merchandise should be packaged up and return to us in their original condition and packaging. They should be sent to our address on the contact page, unless we have notified you of an alternate address to send them to.
- In the case of faulty goods or errors which result in a return. We will cover the cost of return postage to an equivalent amount of United Kingdom second class recorded. Evidence of the the postal service used and costs incurred must be provided to us. Refunds will not be issued before the goods have been received and checked at our end.
- If we have notified you that your order has been dispatched to your address and it has not turned up. You should notify us at the earliest opportunity, and within 7 days by email or in writing, notifying us of the order number, such that we may take steps to investigate and remedy in a timely manner.
- If items are missing from your order. You should notify us at the earliest opportunity, and within 7 days by email or in writing, notifying us of the order number and missing item(s), such that we may take steps to investigate and remedy in a timely manner.
- If we have made mistakes in the items dispatched. You should notify us at the earliest opportunity, and within 7 days by email or in writing, notifying us of the order number and incorrect item(s), such that we may take steps to investigate and remedy in a timely manner.
- In the event that merchandise ordered is not available at registration then we will take steps to get that merchandise to you. That may mean we have the merchandise available at the start / finish by the time you complete the event or that we send it to your registered address. We will do this at our own expense.
- If we are unable to rectify missing merchandise then we will refund you the cost of that merchandise.