London Edinburgh London may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. We will let you know if there are any material changes to ensure that you are happy with them. This policy is effective from 6 August 2015.
What we collect
We may collect the following information
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as age, gender, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to event administration
- We do not collect nor store credit card details
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping
We may use the information to improve our products and services. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
If you are a rider or volunteer, we will keep your details on an internal database. We may share this information with other people in the organisation to make sure the event runs smoothly.
Online rider tracking and results
If you ride our event, we will display your name and country of residence on our website, to indicate the times which you pass through controls. If you complete the event, we will publish these details, both on our own website and any websites and publications managed by Audax UK, Les Randonneurs Mondiaux and Audax Club Parisien. Entry to the event is conditional on your acceptance of this condition. Please make sure you are happy with this condition before you enter, as entry fees are non-refundable.
Liaison with national associations
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement that applies to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you do not wish us to use your personal information, you can let us know at any time by writing to or emailing us at Central LEL Team. However please bear in mind that if you are a rider we need to be able to use your personal information.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1988. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Central LEL Team
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.